unit (plural units)
- (scientific) A standard measure of a quantity.
- The centimetre is a unit of length.
- An organized group comprising people and/or equipment.
- He was a member of a special police unit.
- (military) A member of a military group.
- The fifth tank brigade moved in with 20 units. (i.e. 20 tanks)
- (algebra) An element of a ring having a multiplicative inverse.
- (commerce) An item which may be sold singly.
- We shipped nearly twice as many units this month as last month.
- (identity element): identity element, unit element
4 letters in word "unit": I N T U.
No anagrams for unit found in this word list.
Words found within unit: